Thursday 11 September 2008

Knitting and yep more rain...

Am feeling down today - why I just don't know .. the weather continues to be dreary and I have to go up to Liverpool today for work, the housework needs doing, we need food shopping and all I want to do is sit on the sofa and continue my knitting. Its mornings like this when I wish I had won the lottery and could be a lady of leisure with no money concerns and decide to do things when I want to do them. However I dont think I am ever destined to have that luxury - I always believed that you make your own luck in life and that if you want something you put the effort in and it will come WELL I WANT TO WIN THE LOTTERY!!!! and no matter how many times I faithfully put those numbers on it just doesn't happen.

Still on the upside my scarf is coming on nicely and I did fall into my local yarn shop yesterday and buy another ball of sock yarn (which I really did not need) - however I have convinced myself that it will form part of someones christmas present once knitted!

3 comments:

Tilly said...

I know the feeling. I have neglected the housework in favour of knitting my sock so I have washing up to my eyeballs! At least sock yarn is a reasonably inexpensive cheer-up item and will get used. Bad luck on the lottery front :o(. You make beautiful knitwear - why not set up an etsy shop? Speaking of knitwear - I saw on Angel Yarns forum that you were going to knit a wisp scarf in kidsilk haze. I'm thinking of trying that as my first piece of lace - how did it go?

Sally said...

Hi Tilly I decided against wisp in the end - and did the teardrop scarf out of Knitting today - however its not really my style so I just wear it around the house! will try and add pics this weekend - I am now doing the scarf with border out of Victorian Lace Today which is very easy as it it just a two row pattern repeat - the border looks the most tricky as I am only just getting my head around charts!

Anonymous said...

buna, sally!
esti din romania????:)}}{{}}{{
in cazul acesta - numai bine si multa uimire ca am gasit o romanca !
cautam modele de tricotaje.
sunt foarte curioasa de esarfa ta de dantela dar nu vad nici o imagine...
imi poti trimite modelul?


irish_irish05@yahoo.co.uk

(roxana)